Sasquatch Park was originally created by Order-in-Council in 1959. The park encompassed 20 hectares on the east side of Harrison Lake, a freshwater inland fjord. At that time, the park was named Green Point Park. In 1960, a picnic site was developed at the lakefront. The site included picnic tables, change houses, a pressurized water system, a boat launch, and parking for 200 cars. The adjacent lands containing Hicks, Deer, and Trout lakes were added in 1968 and the park was renamed Sasquatch Park after the legendary Bigfoot, who is alleged to have roamed the area.
The diversity of habitats at Sasquatch Park supports a large variety of wildlife species including beavers, mountain goats, woodpeckers, warblers, and vireos. Several rare species have been observed in the park, including the bald eagle, tailed frog, and black petaltail dragonfly. The lakes and streams in the park provide excellent fish habitat for over 10 species of fish from the sturgeon, smelt, salmon, catfish, and stickleback families.