Restoration Bay Conservancy was established as part of government’s land use decision for the central coast planning area. Restoration Bay is the location of one of a few post-contact maritime archaeological features on the west coast of North America. Captain Vancouver’s ship was safely beached for repair and maintenance work at this site in 1793.
A pocket of cleared beach and rock piles are visible at low tide. This conservancy also protects First Nations’ cultural heritage values, including a high concentration of culturally modified trees.