In 1995 Jedediah Island was purchased from Al and Mary Palmer, owners of the island since 1949. The estate of the late Daniel Culver committed $1.1 million to Jedediah’s preservation. In addition, the Friends of Jedediah, the Marine Parks Forever Society, the Nature Trust of British Columbia and many other individuals and groups undertook extensive fund-raising activities.
Jedediah has four registered archaeological sites, including an aboriginal fish weir.
The Island is home to old-growth stands of Douglas fir and arbutus, flat meadow areas, rocky coves, sandy beaches and deep anchorages. Important seabird nest sites and nesting colonies are located in the vicinity.