Dead Man’s Island Park was established on October 31, 1933 by the Provincial Government with Order-in-Council 1377 under the authority of the Provincial Parks Act. The park was reclassified as a class C provincial park on December 11, 1940 with Order-in-Council 1660.
A history sign about Dead Man’s Island [PDF] has been created by the Lakes District Museum Society.
Dead Man’s Island Park is within the traditional territory claimed by the Burns Lake Band of the Carrier Sekani Tribal Council and the Wet’suwet’en First Nation.
Protects a small portion of the SBSdk (sub boreal spruce zone dry cool subzone) biogeoclimatic zone, and the Bulkley Basin Ecosection.