BC Parks Response to COVID-19:
As of :
Welcome to another camping season in BC Parks. Every successful trip starts with a great plan. That plan is a little bit different again this year as we all do our best to stay healthy during COVID-19. See bcparks.ca/covid-19 for details.
This year, British Columbians have priority access to camping reservations for the entire summer season. Reservations can be made starting March 8 for arrival dates up to May 8, and can be booked up to two months in advance from there on. Find out when you can book at each park at bcparks.ca/operating dates/. Policy information can be found at bcparks.ca/covid-19/camping-2021. For those of you coming from out of province, reservations start July 8 for the remainder of the season.
We want to see you back at your favourite park, but mostly we want you to have a safe and healthy summer, so plan ahead to make the most of it.
* Park advisories are updated during business hours, Monday–Friday, 8:30am–4:30pm, excluding statutory holidays.
Important News and Updates
- March 5, 2021 Joffre Lakes Provincial Park visitor strategy open for public comment
- British Columbians are invited to share their feedback on a proposed strategy aimed at managing the growing number of visitors at Joffre Lakes Provincial Park and protecting its natural and cultural features.
- February 24, 2021 2021 camping season reservations opening for BC residents
- The official start of the 2021 camping season is still a few months away, but people living in BC can soon begin reserving campsites in provincial parks to help plan trips close to home.
- February 12, 2021 New conservancy recognizes cultural significance to First Nations
- The people of Halfway River First Nation now have more certainty around teaching traditional practices and passing along knowledge to the next generation following the establishment of a new conservancy in northeastern British Columbia.
- January 22, 2021 BC Parks projects support economic recovery
Taking care of provincial parks while creating jobs and safeguarding nature is at the heart of a new investment supporting economic recovery for people in British Columbia.
A $5-million investment in projects spanning 24 provincial parks is another StrongerBC economic recovery initiative promoting wellness and employment.
- January 21, 2021 We are hiring seasonal Park Rangers and Student Rangers!
- Come join the BC Parks team! Postions are now available for seasonal Park Rangers and Senior Park Rangers (competitions close January 31, 2021), as well as Student Rangers (competitions close February 21, 2021) around the province.
- January 13, 2021 Province acquires land for 16 provincial parks, two protected areas
As more people are experiencing the benefits of outdoor recreation than ever before, there will be more opportunities to get outside through a proposed expansion to B.C.’s park system.
To protect ecologically sensitive areas and enhance outdoor recreation, the Province has acquired more than 650 hectares of land intended to be added to 16 provincial parks and two protected areas
- December 12, 2020 Young people gaining valuable experience through employment program
- Growing up in a small First Nations community in the Yukon, Kayla Williams’ grandmother encouraged her to go to university and pursue a career protecting wildlife and the environment.
- August 5, 2020 Program offers young people work experience with BC Parks, COS
- Young people interested in environmental management and conservation will have opportunities to gain experience, skills and training through a new government program that offers employment with BC Parks and the B.C. Conservation Officer Service (COS).