On This Page
Park ContactThis park proudly operated by:
EK Parks Ltd.
Kikomun Creek Provincial Park
About This Park
Know Before You Go
- Electric Hookups – Ponderosa Campground
Ponderosa campground offers 10 vehicle accessible campsites with electrical hook-ups. The charge is an extra $5/night. Electrical hook-up sites have been extended in size and now have fire rings available.
- Fishing for Kokanee in the reservoir has been excellent, although the fish are small.
- Cabins are available for rent in the park at the Ponderosa Campground and near the Ponderosa Group Site.
- Visitors are asked to only enjoy viewing the painted turtles. Because the survival rate of these turtles is low, it is crucial that they be protected in the park and treated with respect by visitors. It is an offence to disturb, abuse, or remove turtles from the park.
All campsite, group site and cabin reservations must be made through Discover Camping. When reservations are not available all campsites function as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted and first-come, first-served sites are also available.
Group Campsite Reservations
Group campsite reservations are accepted for two group campsites through Discover Camping. Picnic/day-use area is available on a first-come, first-served basis only and is not reservable at this park.
Location and Maps
Maps and Brochures
Nature and Culture
- History: Created on May 18, 1972, the park is located on Lake Koocanusa, a 144 km long reservoir created by the Libby Dam on the Kootenay River in Montana.
- Conservation: Because native grasslands are rare to this part of the country many endangered plants are found throughout the park. An extensive program to restore native grassland is underway in the park. Flowers, trees and shrubs are part of the park’s natural heritage, please do not damage or remove them.
- Management Planning Information
- The management plan for Kikomun Park was approved in March 2014.
Activities Available at this Park
Pets on Leash
Facilities Available at this Park
Cabins / Huts
P1 – Cabin is furnished with a double bed with single bunk, and single bunk beds sleeping a total of 5 persons. Power outlets are available, as well as indoor and outdoor picnic tables. Campers are required to bring their own bedding and cooking apparatus. There is a fire ring at this location. Keys must be picked up from the gatehouse before 8:00 pm.
P6 – Larger cabin is furnished with two bunk beds with double beds on the bottom, singles on top sleeping a total of 6 persons. Power outlets are available, as well as indoor and outdoor picnic tables. Campers are required to bring their own bedding and cooking apparatus. There is a fire ring at this location. Keys must be picked up from the gatehouse before 8:00 pm.
Regular group camping charges per night are the base rate for the site, which is $120.00/group site/night, plus $5/adult (16+, minimum charge for 15 adults), plus $1/child (6-15). Children under 6 are free!
Pit or Flush Toilets
Vehicle Accessible Camping
Electrification: $5.00 extra per night