Volunteer Park Host Opportunity – Mount Robson Provincial Park (Meadows Campground)
The role of the Host is to enhance visitor services, to develop a good, cooperative relationship with Park Operators who are in the park on a regular basis and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. By greeting park visitors and providing them with information about things to do in the park and surrounding area, volunteer park hosts offer an important service.
Although volunteers receive no financial remuneration for this position, in exchange for volunteer hours, volunteers are given free camping. Anyone interested in applying for this position is required to commit to a minimum of 2 week stay. Volunteer hours may vary from 3 to 5 days a week for 2-4 hours a day, preferably in the afternoons and/or evenings and on weekends. Campsite includes water, power, tables, firepit, and a food storage bin.
The Park Host is responsible for the following:
Although specific duties may vary, hosts are expected to perform the following basic duties.
- To greet and assist visitors, and provide them with information about things to do in the park and surrounding area.
- To understand and be able to explain information on park rules and regulations.
- To provide information on additional services available in the park such as firewood sales, the location of bathrooms and other services.
- To help with firewood sales.
- Maintain a tidy host site.
- To be in Radio communication when working.
- Maintain hummingbird feeders.
If you are interested in working as a park host volunteer at Mount Robson Provincial Park (Meadows), email Pedra at firstname.lastname@example.org
, for more information, or to apply for the position.
Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities in B.C. Provincial Parks!
Click here for more information about Mount Robson Provincial Park (Meadows)