- Reservation Policies
24 hrs/day at discovercamping.ca
Availability updated daily at 7am PT
($5 surcharge applies to transactions)
Toll free from Canada/USA: 1 800 689-9025
Other International: 1 778 371-0607
7 days/week, 7am – 7pm PT
(Open holidays except Dec. 25 and Jan. 1)
BC Parks Response to COVID-19:
As of :
As of June 23, 2021, free day-use passes are required to visit five of our busiest parks: Garibaldi, Golden Ears, Joffre Lakes, Mount Robson and Stawamus Chief.
Provincial travel restrictions were introduced on April 23, 2021. The order prohibits people from leaving their Health Authority Regions (some are combined for the purposes of this order), or visiting from out of province, for non-essential reasons.
These restrictions may require you to cancel your reservation
The opening of groupsite reservations for 2022 has been postponed until further notice due to the evolving nature of COVID-19. BC Parks will provide advance notice before reservations become available.
We want to see you back at your favourite park, but mostly we want you to have a safe and healthy summer, so plan ahead to make the most of it.
Mount Assiniboine Reservation Policies
Backcoutnry reservations are required during peak season (June 26 – September 30) for all overnight stays at Magog Lake and Og Lake campgrounds. Reservations can be made up to 2 months in advance of your arrival date via our Discover Camping Reservation Service. During the non-peak season (October 1 – June 25) backcountry permits for these campgrounds must still be purchased via the Discover Camping reservation system, although reservation transaction charges are waived. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
Starting June 22, 2021, backcountry camping reservations for Garibaldi, Mount Assiniboine and Joffre Lakes Parks will be available for the rest of the season. This is to accommodate the increased demand and to allow visitors to secure these popular bookings in advance.
- Reservations must be paid in full and include backcountry permit fees and any applicable reservation transaction charges.
- Reservations must be made in advance of arrival, through the Discover Camping Reservation Service. You cannot make reservations or self-register at the park. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
- Reservations are required during peak season (June 26 – September 30) for overnight stays at Magog Lake and Og Lake campgrounds. Reservations can be made up to 2 months in advance of your arrival date. Camping is permitted only within designated campsites in this core area.
- Restricted booking period: If your reservation is made within the first week of the two-month window before your arrival date (the "restricted booking period"), you are not permitted to make changes to your arrival date. For example, if a reservation with an August 1 arrival date was booked between June 1 and 7, then changes to the arrival date are not permitted.
- Reservations can be made up to the day of arrival before 5:00 pm.
- Each campground has a limited number of sites which are identified by a tent pad; to stay in a campground you must reserve a tent pad(s).
- Each tent pad reservation has a non-refundable charge of $6 (plus tax) per night, up to a maximum of $18 (plus tax).
- A reservation holds a spot in the campground selected, but not a specific site. Site selection is available to reservation holders on a first-come, first-served basis when they arrive at the campground.
- Each tent pad, with a total maximum size of up to 10’ x 10’, will hold a maximum of two tents and 1 to 4 people (all ages).
- Maximum party size is 4 per tent pad; each reservation can reserve up to a maximum of 3 tent pads.
- At least one member of the party must be 16 years or older.
- Itinerary changes are not permitted once you arrive in the park. No refunds will be allowed for itinerary changes, regardless of weather or conditions.
- Check-in time is any time after 1:00 pm; campers are required to vacate their tent pad by 12:00 (noon).
- Reservations are not transferable. Any reservation owners or holders found to be transferring or selling their reservations to another party, risk the chance that their reservation may be cancelled without a refund. If a customer can no longer use their reservation, they are encouraged to cancel their reservation so that any unused User Fees that are not forfeited as a penalty can be automatically refunded to the credit card that was used to make the original reservation.
- At least one of the reservation holders ("Occupant" or "Optional Authorized Person") must be present upon arrival and during the stay. Identification may be required to keep the reservation valid.
Changes and Cancellations
- A modification or cancellation to a reservation will incur a charge of $6 (plus tax) per tent pad.
- Cancellations and changes that reduce the stay or party size made within 7 days of your arrival date will forfeit one night’s fee for each member of your camping party.
- Changes or cancellations made on the same day as your arrival date will forfeit 2 nights of camping fees for each member of your camping party.
- When a cancellation results in $0 refunded, a cancellation fee does not apply.
- Reservations will be held until 12:00 (noon) the day after the first reserved night. If you do not claim the site by the noon deadline, it is considered a "no-show" and there will be no refund of fees.
- You must bring a copy of your confirmation letter (your backcountry camping reservation) with you to the park. You must keep one copy of your reservation on you at all times and the other copy must be affixed to your campsite post (Note: a small sealed bag is recommended to protect your permit from the weather while affixed at your site).
- Mount Assiniboine Provincial Park visitors are expected to follow backcountry camping ethics for the entirety of their stay. Go to the Mount Assiniboine webpage for more information and park rules.
Cabins, Huts and Other Camping Areas
For information about reserving non-core areas of Mount Assiniboine park (including Naiset huts, Hind Hut, and O’Brien Meadows and Porcupine Campgrounds), please contact the park operator directly:
Box 8128, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2T8
Phone: 403 678-2883
Fax: 403 678-4877
Reservations for the Naiset Cabins are recommended in the summer and are mandatory in the winter. The Naiset Cabins are $20 per night per person. There is a non-refundable reservation fee of $5.00 per night to a maximum of $15.00 for three nights or more per reservation. For campers who wish to stay at these huts on a first-come, first-served basis, we recommend you bring a tent in case they are full. Reservations for these areas are not processed through the Discover Camping Reservation Service.