- Reservation Policies
24 hrs/day at discovercamping.ca
Availability updated daily at 7am PT
($5 surcharge applies to transactions)
Toll free from Canada/USA: 1 800 689-9025
Other International: 1 778 371-0607
7 days/week, 7am – 7pm PT
(Open holidays except Dec. 25 and Jan. 1)
BC Parks Response to COVID-19:
As of :
Welcome to another camping season in BC Parks. Every successful trip starts with a great plan. That plan is a little bit different again this year as we all do our best to stay healthy during COVID-19. See bcparks.ca/covid-19 for details.
Provincial travel restrictions introduced on April 23, 2021, will be in effect until at least May 25. The order prohibits people from leaving their Health Authority Regions (some are combined for the purposes of this order), or visiting from out of province, for non-essential reasons.
This order may require you to cancel your reservation.
The opening of groupsite reservations for 2022 has been postponed until further notice due to the evolving nature of COVID-19. BC Parks will provide advance notice before reservations become available.
We want to see you back at your favourite park, but mostly we want you to have a safe and healthy summer, so plan ahead to make the most of it.
Garibaldi Reservation Policies
Reservations are required for all overnight stays in Garibaldi Provincial Park year-round.
The policies below apply to camping outside of the wilderness camping zone. Wilderness camping permits for the wilderness camping zone (see map [PDF 8.48MB]) are available for mountaineers, climbers, ski tourers, and other visitors with advanced skills in wilderness travel and camping only. See Wilderness Camping for more details.
Day use passes are not required to visit Garibaldi at this time.
- Reservations must be paid in full to secure a reservation, and include camping fees and any applicable reservation transaction charges.
- Reservations must be made in advance of arrival, through the Discover Camping Reservation Service. You cannot make reservations or self-register at the park. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
- Reservations are required year-round for all overnight stays in Garibaldi Provincial Park. Reservations for campsites can be made up to two (2) months in advance of your arrival date. At the time, you can book your entire stay at once (up to 14 nights). For example, a 3-day reservation arriving on July 25 can be made as early as May 25. Reservations can be made up to the day of arrival before 5:00 pm.
- If your reservation is made within the first week of the two-month window before your arrival date (the "restricted booking period"), you are not permitted to make changes to your arrival date. For example, if a reservation with an August 1 arrival date was booked between June 1 and 7, then changes to the arrival date are not permitted.
- Camping is permitted only within designated campsites. Each campground has a limited number of sites that are identified by a tent pad; to stay in a campground you must reserve a tent pad(s).
- Each tent pad reservation has a non-refundable charge of $6 (plus tax) per night, up to a maximum of $18 (plus tax).
- Each tent pad, with a total maximum size of up to 10’ x 10’, will hold a maximum of two tents and 1 to 4 people (all ages).
- A reservation holds a spot in the campground selected, but not a specific site (tent pad or bunk in the Elfin Lakes shelter). Site selection is available to reservation holders on a first-come, first-served basis when they arrive at the campground.
- Maximum party size is 4 per tent pad; each reservation can reserve up to a maximum of 3 tent pads.
- At least one member of the party must be 16 years or older.
- Itinerary changes are not permitted once you arrive in the park. No refunds will be allowed for itinerary changes, regardless of weather or conditions.
- Check-in time is any time after 1:00 pm; campers are required to vacate their tent pad by 12:00 (noon).
- Reservations are not transferable. Any reservation owners or holders found to be transferring or selling their reservations to another party, risk the chance that their reservation may be cancelled without a refund. If a customer can no longer use their reservation, they are encouraged to cancel their reservation so that any unused User Fees that are not forfeited as a penalty can be automatically refunded to the credit card that was used to make the original reservation.
Changes and Cancellations
- A modification or cancellation to a reservation will incur a charge of $6 (plus tax) per campsite/tent pad/bunk.
- Changes in party size, cancellations, shortened stays, and delays of arrival made within 7 days of the arrival date, will forfeit one night’s fees for each member of your camping party.
- Changes or cancellations made on the same day as your arrival date will forfeit 2 nights of camping fees for each member of your camping party.
- When a cancellation results in $0 refunded, a cancellation fee does not apply.
- Reservations will be held until 12:00 (noon) the day AFTER the first reserved night. If you do not claim the site by the noon deadline, it is considered a "no-show" and there will be no refund of fees.
- You must bring a copy of your confirmation letter (your backcountry camping reservation) with you to the park. You must always keep one copy of your reservation with you and the other copy must be affixed to your campsite post (Note: a small sealed bag is recommended to protect your permit from the weather). Consider downloading a copy to your phone.
- Garibaldi Park visitors are expected to follow backcountry camping ethics for the entirety of their stay. Go to the Garibaldi Park webpage for more information and park rules.
Garibaldi Provincial Park – Wilderness Camping
Wilderness camping permits are available to mountaineers, climbers, ski tourers, and other visitors with advanced skills in wilderness travel and camping, within the wilderness camping zone.