- Reservation Information
BC Parks Response to COVID-19:
As of :
Welcome to another camping season in BC Parks. Every successful trip starts with a great plan. That plan is a little bit different again this year as we all do our best to stay healthy during COVID-19. See bcparks.ca/covid-19 for details.
This year, British Columbians have priority access to camping reservations for the entire summer season. Reservations can be made starting March 8 at 7 am PT for arrival dates up to May 8, and can be booked up to two months in advance from there on. Find out when you can book at each park at bcparks.ca/operating dates/. Policy information for 2021 can be found at bcparks.ca/covid-19/camping-2021. For those of you coming from out of province, reservations start July 8, 2021 for the remainder of the season.
We want to see you back at your favourite park, but mostly we want you to have a safe and healthy summer, so plan ahead to make the most of it.
Garibaldi Reservation Information
Backcountry camping reservations will be available on Discover Camping, beginning Monday, July 27th at 7:00 AM PST. Reservations are required for all overnight stays in Garibaldi Provincial Park year-round. Camping is permitted only within designated campsites. Please see below for a list of all the reservable campgrounds. For the 2020 camping season, reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance of your arrival date.
Wilderness camping permits are available for mountaineers, climbers, ski tourers, and other visitors with advanced skills in wilderness travel and camping through the Discover Camping Reservation Service. Please see Wilderness Camping for more details.
Day use passes are not required to visit Garibaldi at this time.
Overnight campers with appropriate permits and/or reservations do not require a day-use permit, but will need to carry a copy of their camping permit with them.
- Reservations are required year-round for all overnight stays in Garibaldi Provincial Park. Reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance of your arrival date. Camping is permitted only within designated campsites and within the wilderness camping zone (see map) [PDF 8.48MB].
- Reservations must be made in advance of arrival, through the Discover Camping Reservation Service. You cannot make reservations or self-register at the park. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
- Reservations must be paid in full and include backcountry permit fees and any applicable reservation transaction charges.
- Reservations can be made up to the day of arrival before 5:00 pm.
- Each campground has a limited number of sites that are identified by a tent pad; to stay in a campground you must reserve a tent pad(s).
- Each tent pad reservation has a non-refundable charge of $6 (plus tax) per night, up to a maximum of $18 (plus tax).
- A reservation holds a spot in the campground selected, but not a specific site (tent pad or bunk in the Elfin Lakes shelter). Site selection is available to reservation holders on a first-come, first-served basis when they arrive at the campground.
- Each tent pad, with a total maximum size of up to 10’ x 10’, will hold a maximum of two tents and 1 to 4 people (all ages).
- Maximum party size is 4 per tent pad; each reservation can reserve up to a maximum of 3 tent pads.
- At least one member of the party must be 16 years or older.
- Itinerary changes are not permitted once you arrive in the park. No refunds will be allowed for itinerary changes, regardless of weather or conditions.
- Check-in time is any time after 1:00 pm; campers are required to vacate their tent pad by 12:00 (noon).
- Reservations are not transferable. Any reservation owners or holders found to be transferring or selling their reservations to another party, risk the chance that their reservation may be cancelled without a refund. If a customer can no longer use their reservation, they are encouraged to cancel their reservation so that any unused User Fees that are not forfeited as a penalty can be automatically refunded to the credit card that was used to make the original reservation.
Changes and Cancellations
- A modification or cancellation to a reservation will incur a charge of $6 (plus tax) per campsite/tent pad/bunk.
- Changes in party size, cancellations, shortened stays, and delays of arrival made within 7 days of the arrival date, will forfeit one night’s fees for each member of your camping party.
- Changes or cancellations made on the same day as your arrival date will forfeit 2 nights of camping fees for each member of your camping party.
- When a cancellation results in $0 refunded, a cancellation fee does not apply.
- Reservations will be held until 12:00 (noon) the day AFTER the first reserved night. If you do not claim the site by the noon deadline, it is considered a "no-show" and there will be no refund of fees.
- You must bring a copy of your confirmation letter (your backcountry camping reservation) with you to the park. You must always keep one copy of your reservation with you and the other copy must be affixed to your campsite post (Note: a small sealed bag is recommended to protect your permit from the weather). Consider downloading a copy to your phone.
- Garibaldi Park visitors are expected to follow backcountry camping ethics for the entirety of their stay. Go to the Garibaldi Park webpage for more information and park rules.
Garibaldi Provincial Park – Wilderness Camping
Wilderness camping permits are available to mountaineers, climbers, ski tourers, and other visitors with advanced skills in wilderness travel and camping, within the wilderness camping zone.