- Reservation Policies
24 hrs/day at discovercamping.ca
Availability updated daily at 7am PT
($5 surcharge applies to transactions)
Toll free from Canada/USA: 1 800 689-9025
Other International: 1 778 371-0607
7 days/week, 7am – 7pm PT
(Open holidays except Dec. 25 and Jan. 1)
- BC Parks Response to COVID-19 ▼
As of :
As of July 1st, groupsites will be returning to normal occupancy levels and those with existing reservations are able to add more campers to a reservation upon arrival in-park.
With the shift into Step 3 of BC’s Restart plan, many group picnic shelters will begin to reopen. Reservable picnic shelters can be booked through Discover Camping starting July 9th.
The opening of groupsite reservations for 2022 has been postponed until further notice due to the evolving nature of COVID-19. BC Parks will provide advance notice before reservations become available.
We want to see you back at your favourite park, but mostly we want you to have a safe and healthy summer, so plan ahead to make the most of it.
Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit Reservation Policies
The opening of reservations for the Berg Lake Trail and the Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit for 2022 has been postponed until further notice due to the evolving nature of COVID-19. BC Parks will provide advance notice before reservations become available.
On Monday March 1, 2021 at 7am PT, backcountry reservations will be available for the full 2021 season for the Berg Lake Trail and the Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit.
Information below applies only to the Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit (backcountry). For reservation policies at Bowron Lake Provincial Park frontcountry campground, please see Frontcountry Reservation Information
- Reservations may be booked up to 2 days prior to departure date.
- All canoe circuit users must attend a mandatory orientation session (9:00 am or 12:00 noon) and visitors must report to the registration centre by the specified time.
- Visitors who have not attended their mandatory orientation session are considered no-shows. No-shows’ reservations will be given to first-come, first served visitors. No refunds are granted for no-shows.
- Bowron Lake canoe circuit paddlers are responsible for bringing or renting their own equipment (personal flotation devices, paddles, vessels etc). Reservation transactions only include your reservation charges and user (camping) fees and do not include equipment rental. Visitors must familiarize themselves with the mandatory equipment required to paddle the circuit.
- Reservations are not transferable. Any reservation owners or holders found to be transferring or selling their reservations to another party, risk the chance that their reservation may be cancelled without a refund. If a customer can no longer use their reservation, they are encouraged to cancel their reservation so that any unused User Fees that are not forfeited as a penalty, can be automatically refunded to the credit card that was used to make the original reservation. Only the person whose name is on the reservation has access to change or cancel a reservation.
- At least one of the reservation holders ("Occupant" or "Optional Authorized Person") must be present upon arrival and during the stay. Identification may be required to keep the reservation valid.
User Fees and Reservation Charges
- Reservations for the Bowron Lake canoe circuit are based on a non-refundable per vessel charge of $18.00 (plus tax) in addition to user fees ($60.00 per person for the full canoe circuit and $30.00 per person for the West Side). There is a limit of three (3) people per vessel.
- Accepted payment types include: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Visa Debit, and Mastercard Debit.
- Changes to a reservation can be made for a charge of $6.00 (plus tax), provided that space is available. No changes are permitted 28 days or less before the departure date.
- Cancellations are subject to a $6.00 (plus tax) per cancellation charge.
- Refunds – If a trip is cancelled more than 28 days before the departure date, customers receive a full refund less cancellation and non-refundable reservation charges. If cancellations are made with 28 or less days notice, no refunds apply. Transaction (reservation, change, cancellation) charges are non-refundable.
- Visitors who have not attended the mandatory orientation session they registered for are considered no-shows. No-shows' reservations will be given to first-come, first-served visitors. No refunds are granted for no-shows.
- Groups on the Bowron Lake canoe circuit are defined as a minimum of 7 to a maximum of 14 people.
- Reservations for group parties (7 to 14 people) are mandatory.
- Only one group departure is permitted per day on the Bowron Lake canoe circuit.
- Groups must have a designated leader, responsible for registration and the conduct and actions of all persons in their group.
- Groups must camp in the designated group sites.
- Groups must complete a fixed 8 days/7 nights Full Circuit or a fixed 4 days/3 nights West Circuit trip.
- If a change or partial cancellation results in less than 7 people in group (no longer a “group” by definition), the group policy still applies and campsite allocations as per the reservation made and must pay for a minimum of 7 people.