Just a three-hour drive from the Lower Mainland and the Okanagan, E.C. Manning Park is among B.C.’s most popular destinations. Manning Park offers plentiful opportunities for both frontcountry and backcountry camping.
Buckhorn Campground is the busiest backcountry camping area in E.C. Manning Park. Due to growing demand, during the 2023 season, we are requiring reservations for stays between June 30 and September 3.
We have made peak-season reservations mandatory so you can arrive at Buckhorn certain that a tent pad is waiting for you. It also allows us to minimize negative impacts on the area’s sensitive environment.
Camping reservations are not available for other backcountry areas in E.C. Manning Park, but backcountry registration is always required. For full details of our reservation policies, download the reservation services policies and terms [PDF].
This page provides information on:
- Making a reservation
- Paying for your reservation
- Changing or cancelling your reservation
- Checking in at a the campground
Want to learn more about what this park has to offer? Visit the E.C. Manning Park page. To make a reservation for the Buckhorn Campground or to get a backcountry permit, use the BC Parks reservation service.
Visitors to E.C. Manning Park are expected to follow Leave No Trace wilderness ethics. For more information, see our backcountry guide.
When you need to make a reservation
- For the 2023 season, reservations are required for all overnight stays any time between June 30 and September 3, inclusive
- At other times of year, tent pads at Buckhorn cannot be reserved, but permits are required for all overnight stays
- Buckhorn Campground reservations for the whole 2023 season become available at 7am Pacific Time on June 13, 2023
Example: If you want to arrive on July 25 and stay four nights, you can reserve all four nights starting at 7am PT on June 13.
- You can make a reservation up until 5pm Pacific Time on your scheduled arrival date, if places are available
Example: If you want to arrive on July 25 and stay for four nights, you can book all four nights up until 5pm on July 25
Making a reservation
- Anyone over 16 years of age can make a Buckhorn Campground reservation at camping.bcparks.ca
- Reservations can also be made by calling 1-800-689-9025 toll free from Canada and the US or 1-519-858-6161 internationally
- Reservations cannot be transferred or sold to another party, and any attempt to do so could lead to cancellation without refund
- When booking your reservation, you must specify the ‘named occupant’ who will be your official reservation holder
- The named occupant can be yourself or another person, but they must be present when your party arrives and throughout your stay
If the named occupant cannot be present throughout your stay, your reservation must be rebooked with an occupant who can be present. The named occupant may be asked to show ID during your stay to keep your reservation valid.
Camping party sizes
- Camping at Buckhorn is only permitted on the campground’s 24 designated tent pads
- A maximum of four people can use each tent pad, and three tent pads can be reserved per booking (for a maximum total camping party of 12 people)
For more information on relevant reservation policies, see the backcountry camping reservations page.
All fees must be paid in full when you make your reservation. There are two types of fees:
- Camping fees, which pay for your campsite and other amenities
- Transaction fees, which help us maintain the reservation service
|Buckhorn Campground camping fees||· $5 per night for each adult (16+)|
· $5 per night for each child (6-15)
· Free for children under 6
|Transaction fees||· $6 per tent pad per night|
· Maximum fee of $18 per tent pad
· $5 surcharge per transaction completed by phone
Tax is included in camping fees, but tax is added to transaction fees. If you change or cancel your reservation, there will be additional fees (see changes and cancellations, below).
For more information about camping fees and transaction fees, see the camping fees page.
Changes and cancellations
- You can change or cancel your reservation at camping.bcparks.ca or by calling 1-800-689-9025 (1-519-858-6161 internationally)
- There is a $6 transaction fee per tent pad for any cancellations or changes to your reservation
- You cannot make changes to your reservation itinerary after you arrive at the park
- If you cancel your reservation before you arrive, camping fees may be refunded subject to our cancellation policies
- All transaction fees, including change and cancellation fees and phone-booking surcharges, are non-refundable
- Making a reservation guarantees you a spot but the reservation service does not assign you a specific tent pad
- You select your tent pad or tent pads when you arrive, on a first come, first served basis
- Check-in is after 1pm on your arrival date and check-out is before noon on your departure date
- Bring two copies of your confirmation email with you; keep one with you and fix the other to your tent or campsite post
- Your reservation is held until noon the day after your scheduled arrival, after which it is cancelled without refund
For more information on checking in at a backcountry campground, see the backcountry camping reservations page.