- Reservation Information
BC Parks Backcountry Registration System
Did you know that there is an alternate way to purchase your backcountry permits online, prior to arriving in the park? The Backcountry Registration system allows you access to your backcountry camping permits up to two weeks in advance of your arrival date in 32 parks. Please note: this is not a reservation and does not guarantee you a site when you arrive.
Although backcountry areas in most of these parks are available year-round, this registration system is available for periods when fees are charged for overnight backcountry stays. You can register up to two weeks in advance of your trip (with the exception of Cape Scott, Garibaldi and Mount Assiniboine Provincial Parks).
- The backcountry permit system is for backcountry and marine site use only. This system will not be used for car camping or controlled back country permits such as Berg Lake Trail (Mount Robson), Bowron Lake, Garibaldi and Mount Assiniboine Parks.
- This is an alternate (on-line) way to pre-pay for your backcountry permit and is NOT a reservation.
- The registration fee allows for overnight camping in backcountry areas but does not guarantee that a campsite in a specific area will be available.
- Self-serve registration facilities are still available at most designated trail heads and access points.
- All backcountry registrations are final. No changes or refunds are permitted.
Always travel within your ability and prepare for your trip. Please follow the link to purchase your permit.
For further information about a specific park, please continue on this website. For inquiries about the Backcountry Registration System please contact BC Parks Information at ParkInfo@Victoria1.gov.bc.ca.