Yalakom Provincial Park
About This Park
Class “A” provincial park.
Extensive representation of the Camelsfoot Range, including extensive elevational sequence of biogeoclimatic zones.
The park protects the whole of the undeveloped basin of Yalakom Creek and much of Nine Mile Ridge. The park contains:
- Old-growth forest, areas of high elevation aspen stands and krumholz forest.
- A mosaic of dry forests and riparian forests.
- Extensive alpine grasslands, riparian systems and wet sites.
- Multiple California bighorn sheep, mountain goat and mule deer migration corridors.
- Thick metamorphosed sedimentary rocks forming scarp/dipslope topography.
- Many trails throughout the area for backcountry recreation and hunting.
Location and Maps
Please note: Any maps listed are for information only; they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.