- For safety reasons, firearms are not permitted in the park. Sowchea Bay is closed to hunting.
Sowchea Bay Provincial Park
Attention Visitors – Important Notice!
Sowchea Bay Road will be closed on June 18, 2020 from 8 am to 4 pm for road repairs
There will be no access to Sowchea Bay Park during this time. This road closure is beyond the access point to Paarens Beach Park, so campers and visitors to this site will not be affected.
About This Park
A picturesque park that was formerly a forestry campsite; the campground is along Stuart Lake, with the majority of campsites right next to the water. The park is located only 20 km from Fort St. James.
Know Before You Go
- There is no day-use area at Sowchea Bay Provincial Park (use facilities at Paarens Beach Provincial Park, just 5 km east on Sowchea Bay Road).
- This campsite was once a Forest Service recreation site. Site layout is not BC Parks standard; larger RVs may have difficulty maneuvering.
- This is a busy destination for boaters and anglers, with a single lane concrete boat launch available with limited parking.
Location and Maps
- Management Planning Information
- There is currently no approved valid management plan for this area. Management plans are prepared as soon as practicable, subject to available resources and the ability of key planning partners to participate.