Park ContactCommunity Board, Comox, B.C.
Kin Beach Provincial Park
About This Park
Located in the Comox Valley on central Vancouver Island, Kin Beach Provincial Park offers a large day-use area with picnic facilities and a playground, as well as a campground. This small park overlooks the Strait of Georgia and offers scenic views of the mainland. Visitors and local residents head to Kin Beach to explore the rocky beach or enjoy a picnic under the shade of mature Douglas fir trees.
A large, open grassy field is another feature of this park, situated in a quiet residential section of Comox near the air force base. A small store selling snacks and toiletries is located next to the parking lot in the day-use area.
Please note: Kin Beach Provincial Park is a classified as a Class "C" park, whereby the park is managed by a local community board.
Know Before You Go
- There are no developed trails at this park.
- There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities at this park other than a large grassy area at the day-use portion of the park. There is no sani-station/dump in the park. Nearest facilities are Miracle Beach Provincial Park, or the Canadian Tire and Mohawk gas station in Courtenay.
- The nearest boat launch is at Kitty Coleman Park and at Point Holmes.
Campsite reservations are recommended and are available by calling the park caretaker at 250 339-6365.
Group Camp/Picnic Reservations
Group camping is available at Kin Beach Park. Call 250 339-6365 to reserve a site or to obtain more information.
Location and Maps
Nature and Culture
- Management Planning Information
- Online Management planning information for this park is not available at this time.
Activities Available at this Park
Facilities Available at this Park
Pit or Flush Toilets
Vehicle Accessible Camping
There is a camping fee charged and can be confirmed by contacting the Park Caretaker.