On This Page
Gabriola Sands Provincial Park
About This Park
Picturesque Gabriola Sands, one of three provincial parks on Gabriola Island, features two sandy beaches and large manicured grassy lawns. This small day-use only park is a very popular local destination for swimming, picnicking, organized sporting activities and special events, including an annual fireworks display on Halloween.
The park’s two sandy beaches form an isthmus that divides Taylor Bay and Pilot Bay. This isthmus and sandy beach are relatively uncommon in the rocky Gulf Islands, and provide important ecosystems for migratory and breeding shorebirds and many marine invertebrates that live in the sand.
Visitors to Gabriola Island will not want to miss a stop at pretty Gabriola Sands park – an ideal place to relax and enjoy a picnic or swim on a hot summer day.
Established Date: June 28, 1960
Park Size: 6 hectares (2 hectares of upland and 4 hectares of foreshore)
Know Before You Go
- Please bring your own drinking water; there is no potable water available at the park.
- The park does not have a boat launch. The nearest boat launch is located at Silva Bay Marina on Gabriola Island.
Location and Maps
Nature and Culture
- Management Planning Information
- Approved Master Plan [PDF 2.34MB] for Drumbeg Provincial Park and Gabriola Sands Provincial Parks.
This is not the original management planning product. This document has been scanned from the original format of the plan. It may contain some formatting changes, however the content is consistent with the original.
- See also: Drumbeg Provincial Park
Activities Available at this Park
Pets on Leash
Facilities Available at this Park
Pit toilets in the park are wheelchair-accessible.