Bugaboo Provincial Park: Conrad Kain Hut
- Due to the ongoing situation with Covid 19 - Booking conditions and information are subject to change.
The Conrad Kain Hut is available for overnight accommodation for a maximum of 40 persons. Reservations may be made through the Alpine Club of Canada at 1 403 678-3200 or through the Alpine Club of Canada website. ACC advanced booking policies do not apply to the Conrad Kain Hut, all visitors are able to make bookings for this facility up to one year in advance.
Any unreserved spaces are allocated on a first-come first-served basis. During the peak climbing months of July and August the hut is often full - reservations are highly recommended.
A small hydroelectric plant provides power for electric lighting and cooking, with propane stoves and lamps as backup to the electrical system. The kitchen is supplied with hot and cold running water as well as all necessary cooking and eating utensils. Foam mattresses are provided in the dormitory-style sleeping quarters located on the second floor and in the loft. Visitors must bring all other necessary equipment and utensils.
A nightly, per-person fee is levied during the period June 1 – September 30. Occupancy is limited to seven consecutive days. Fees are payable to the Alpine Club of Canada. The Alpine Club of Canada charges the following fees for use of the cabin:
- $25.00 per person/night
- $50.00 per family/night
Some special regulations are in effect for the Conrad Kain Hut so that all visitors may enjoy their stay, and to minimize fire hazards.
- Boots are not to be worn in the hut. Place them in the racks provided for this purpose.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the hut.
- Lighted candles are not permitted in the hut.
- The use of personal stoves is prohibited in the hut.
- Stoves, sinks and utensils are to be cleaned up immediately after use.
- There is a strict “no-noise” policy in effect between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of the fire extinguishers and emergency exits.
- Please use the sanitary facilities provided.
- All garbage must be packed out to a proper disposal site.
- All washing water must be disposed of in the sinks. Personal washing is prohibited in all streams and lakes.
- Personal equipment and belongings must not be left without permission from the Park Ranger or Hut Custodian. An increasing number of thefts have been occurring; please be careful with your equipment.
- Occupancy is limited to seven consecutive days and a maximum of 14 days in any one year.