On This Page
Beatton Provincial Park
Attention Visitors – Important Notice!
Volunteer park host opportunity
Volunteer park host opportunities are currently available at this park.
About This Park
Beatton Provincial Park is a year-round recreational facility located on the shores of Charlie Lake. This 320 hectare park is a popular summer recreation destination for swimming, fishing and hiking.
Beatton also offers excellent winter recreation opportunities. Experience over 15km of groomed cross-country ski trails designed for beginner, intermediate and advancing skiing. Visitors have a good chance of seeing deer or moose which frequent the park during the winter.
Established Date: September 14, 1934
Park Size: 330 hectares
Know Before You Go
- Off-Road Vehicles (ORVs) are prohibited in this park. ORVs include ATVs, off-road motorcycles, snowmobiles and side-by-sides.
- A picnic shelter is available next to the day-use parking lot.
- Whiskey Jack Nordic Ski Club has completed the expanded trail network at Beatton Provincial Park. This new trail expansion now offers over 15 kilometres of groomed trails for beginner, intermediate and advanced skiers. Trail maps are posted at the trailhead and major junctions. Trails are marked.
- There has also been an addition of an extensive snowshoe trail designated for those other enthusiasts.
- As part of this trail expansion and site enhancement, Treaty 8 Tribal Association and BC Parks are also involved with developing First Nation interpretive signage to be situated along some of the routes. While this project is ongoing, these trails are now available for public use and enjoyment.
- Charlie Lake offers winter opportunities for the ice fishing enthusiast.
Location and Maps
Maps and Brochures
Nature and Culture
- Conservation: Flowers, trees and shrubs are part of the park’s natural heritage, please don’t damage or remove them.
- Wildlife: Deer and moose frequent the park during the winter.
Activities Available at this Park
Pets on Leash
- Cross Country Skiing – Experience over 15km of groomed cross-country ski trails designed for beginner, intermediate and advancing skiing. Trail maps are posted at the trailhead and major junctions. Trails are marked.
- Snowshoeing – an extensive snowshoe trail is designated.
- Tobogganing – a toboggan hill exists in the park.
Facilities Available at this Park
Some facilities in the park are wheelchair-accessible.