- Frequently Asked Questions
- Frontcountry Camping
- Group Camping
- Group Picnic Shelter
- Berg Lake Trail
- Bowron Lake
- Mount Assiniboine
- Joffre Lakes
- Day-Use Pass Reservations
- Backcountry Registration
Available 24 hrs/day at discovercamping.ca
($5 surcharge applies to transactions)
Toll free from Canada/USA: 1 800 689-9025
Other International: 1 778 309-1439
7 days/week, 7am – 7pm PT
(Open holidays except Dec. 25 and Jan. 1)
BC Parks Day-Use Pass Reservation System
Some of our most popular parks regularly experience high visitor volumes, resulting in crowding of facilities, packed parking lots, and safety issues. These environments do not easily allow for physical distancing and large numbers of visitors also have increased environmental impacts. The trail systems within these parks can become crowded at narrow pass points and view points which can lead to congestion and difficulties maintaining physical distancing.
To ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff, to meet health and safety guidelines, and as part of a pilot project, free day-use passes are required to access the trails/parks below.
Day-use pass reservations are required for the following parks
As of July 27, 2020:
|Park Name||Trail or Trailhead||Pass required||Timing||Overnight stays|
|Cypress||Upper mountain trails including the Howe Sound Crest Trail, Hollyburn Mountain trails, and the Black Mountain Plateau trails.||Person – one pass per person with a max of 8 persons per booking||AM/PM – AM pass requires an arrival before 1pm. PM pass requires an arrival after 1pm.||Overnight campers must have reserved a day-use pass for date of entry.|
|Garibaldi||Diamond Head (Elfin Lakes), Rubble Creek (Garibaldi Lake) and Cheakamus trailheads||Person – one pass per person with a max of 8 persons per booking||ALL DAY – Allows for arrival any time of the day.||Day-use pass not required for overnight campers – a camping reservation is required and must be carried at all times.|
|Golden Ears||South Beach Day-Use Parking Lot, Alouette Lake Boat Launch Parking, East and West Canyon Trailhead Parking Lot (including Lower Falls Trail).||Vehicle – max 8 persons per vehicle||AM/PM – AM pass requires an arrival before 3pm. PM pass requires an arrival after 3pm.||Day-use pass not required. For backcountry campers a backcountry camping permit is required.|
|Mount Robson||Berg Lake Trail||Vehicle – max 8 persons per vehicle||AM/PM – AM pass requires an arrival before 1pm. PM pass requires an arrival after 1pm.||Day-use pass not required for overnight campers – a valid Berg Lake Trail camping reservation is required and must be carried at all times.|
|Mount Seymour||Upper mountain trails including the Seymour Main Trail, Mystery Lake Trail, and Dog Mountain Trail.||Person – one pass per person with a max of 8 persons per booking||AM/PM – AM pass requires an arrival before 1pm. PM pass requires an arrival after 1pm.||Overnight campers must have reserved a day-use pass for date of entry.|
|Stawamus Chief||Chief Peaks Trail (also called the Backside Trail)||Person – one pass per person with a max of 8 persons per booking||AM/PM – AM pass requires an arrival before 1pm. PM pass requires an arrival after 1pm.||Overnight campers at Stawamus Chief Campground must have reserved a day-use pass for date of entry.|
- Passes can only be booked on the day of arrival. Passes are available for each day beginning at 6:00am.
- Park visitors will need to set up an account on Discover Camping to reserve a day pass.
- Passes cannot be transferred to another date, time, or location and your pass cannot be shared beyond the group reserved.
Day-use pass types:
|Type||Passes Required||Pass Maximums|
1 pass required per vehicle
Maximum of 8 persons (adult or child) per vehicle.
Maximum of one pass can be booked per account per day
(For example, for 4 people to visit Berg Lake trail, passes are vehicle passes and all 4 people are included in the same pass.)
|Person Pass||1 pass required per person||
Maximum of 8 persons (adult or child) can be booked per account per day.
(For example, for 5 people travelling together to visit Garibaldi, passes are available as trail passes and all 5 people will need their own pass. These 5 passes can all be booked through the same account by one person.)
Day-use pass time options:
|AM/PM||AM pass allows for arrival before 1pm. PM pass allows for arrival after 1pm. EXCEPT for Golden Ears where the transition time between AM and PM is 3pm. Departure times are not restricted based on the type of pass purchased. Passes only restrict arrival times.|
|All Day||Allows for arrival any time of day. Departure times are not restricted based on the type of pass purchased. Passes only restrict arrival times.|
More about day-use passes
- Day-use passes can only be reserved online through Discover Camping and cannot be reserved through the call centre. By distributing passes through a single portal, we can ensure daily visitation numbers are manageable and create a safer, less crowded environment for park visitors.
- Passes will be unavailable between midnight and 6:00 am.
- Mobile network connectivity at the park may be limited; make sure to print out or download the pass on your mobile device in advance of your visit. A copy of the pass must be carried at all times while within the park.
- If you don’t have internet access, have a friend, a neighbour, or someone else in your hiking party help you obtain a pass.
- Passes do not guarantee a parking spot – visitors should plan accordingly.
- Always travel within your ability and prepare for your trip. Follow in-park signage and have your pass available while in the park and on the trail.